There is nothing more beautiful than fall in Vermont. The leaves are magical colors, the air is crisp and everything smells like apples and cinnamon. It couldn't be a more perfect time for a wedding! I often get asked about the "perfect" time to have your wedding. Every season has it's benefits. In the winter you can ski and snowshoe right out the front door, in the spring everything is vibrant green, summer is warm and you have the sunshine late into the evening and then there is fall. I love the warm days and cooler nights. I love the smell of leaves and the sunflowers and mums. Weddings in the fall are always beautiful and crisp. Sleepy Hollow has a great bonfire pit to warm everyone up and is great for making s'more's. It is the complete package!
Welcome back to the Sleepy Hollow blog! In our first blog I talked about the top five reasons to get married at Sleepy Hollow. This time around I want to focus on a lesser known option for getting married at Sleepy Hollow, the one day Sunday Wedding Option. The reason we have this option is that we have a group that comes to Sleepy Hollow every 5-6 weeks and they only use the inn. This enables us to rent out the barn for those looking for a one day wedding on Specific Sundays. We also let you choose if you want to rent the inn. Below are the most common questions I get about Sunday weddings with answers.
Some common questions and concerns (and answers) about the Sunday option!
1. When can I start setting up? You can start setting up anytime after 11am on Saturday.
2. What time can I have the wedding ceremony? Anytime after 3pm on Sunday.
3. Can I get ready in the inn before 3pm? We have to turn over and clean the inn after the group checks out at noon. We can clean the downstairs Brick Fireplace room first and that can be available by 1:30pm. The rest of the inn is available after 3pm.
4. How late can the party go on Sunday night? We require the band or DJ to end by 11pm, but you can play our stereo system as late as you want!
5. What is included in the wedding package? With just the barn rental you get full use of the barn, pavilion, gazebo, 165 white ceremony chairs and 165 wooden chairs for the reception, tables for seating and buffet, a full kitchen, two restrooms and a great firepit!
6. What is the cost of adding the inn? It is $1150, plus 9% tax to rent the inn for the night. It has eight rooms and can sleep up to 22 people. If you rent the inn you can also have people camp in Molly's Meadow and get the remote Butternut Cabin.
Sunday weddings are a great way to get a prime date at a great price! We still have some dates open for Sundays and weekends in 2018 and are open for bookings in 2019 at Sleepy Hollow! Check out our Information page for our open dates.
We love hosting weddings at Sleepy Hollow and what better way to share our experiences with you than writing our own blog. Our wedding couples come from all over and each bring their own unique vision to Sleepy Hollow.
We love to see the decorations and amazing ideas that each couple has! The purpose of this blog is to show another side to Sleepy Hollow through our eyes. We hope to offer advice, highlight some great weddings and show-off some beautiful pictures.
It is a family run business and we all have our own specific part of the business that we enjoy running. I love meeting the wedding couples and working through their wedding planning and organizing. I wouldn't say that I am a "wedding planner" but I am happy to answer questions, give tours and provide you the best possible wedding experience!
Thank you for visiting the blog. I welcome any questions or comments or ideas!
Have you been looking for the perfect venue to have your Vermont Wedding? We would love to host your celebration with your friends and family. We love to wake up your guests with the smell of freshly brewed coffee and homemade pancakes! The inn has eight cozy rooms and can sleep up to 22 people. What is even better? We still have some dates open for Sundays and weekends in 2018 and are open for bookings in 2019 at Sleepy Hollow! Check out our Information page for our open dates.
We have hundreds of reasons to get married here, but these are my top five with some amazing pictures taken by local photographers.